More than 75 parishioners and school family members attended the September meeting to discuss the future vision for St. Dominic Savio. Fr. Rothschild stated, “This day was the first step in our investment process in the future of St. Dominic Savio. We were pleased to see such a diverse group of individuals spend the day discerning, listening, and collaborating on possible initiatives to strengthen this parish.”
Participants were asked to listen to their fellow parishioners and determine ways to strengthen the parish over the next five years. Much of the discussion centered around the results of the parish survey administered in September. The Archdiocese has requested all parishes in St. Louis to undergo a planning process.
Some of the highlights as noted by the participants include:
- Hearing the various viewpoints of such a wide variety of fellow parishioners.
- A wide representation of parishioners attended.
- The ‘spirit’ in which this day of planning took place—organized, timely, informational, ideas shared, open & honest sharing, attentive & respectful. Felt God’s presence all day, Holy Spirit was among us.
As a result of the discernment process, six key areas were identified for further planning and action items including:
- Create a warm inviting community,
- Support vibrant & sustainable Catholic education,
- Focusing on liturgy as central to the parish,
- Strengthen life-long faith formation,
- Working with others to promote social justice and
- Deepen a sense of accountability and stewardship.
YOU CAN STILL BE A PART OF THIS IMPORTANT PROCESS.
Parishioners and St. Dominic Savio School Families are encouraged to be a part of this process. In fact, we can’t do this alone. There will be opportunities to weigh in on the draft plan in the coming weeks. The next planning meeting is on Saturday, Nov. 14, 8:30am (Continental breakfast) 9:00am to 3:00pm (12:00pm lunch provided). Everyone is encouraged to join us and participate in the discussion even if you cannot make it for the entire day. Discussions will be centered on the 6 key areas identified listed above. Please contact Tory at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan on attending.