Saint Dominic Savio Parish was founded by Cardinal Joseph F. Ritter in 1956, with Father Jasper J. Chiodini aspastor. The first Masses were celebrated at Cardinal Glennon College awaiting completion of the parish churchbuilding.
A home on Foxcroft Drive in Mackenzie Hills Subdivision served as the first Rectory. A Chapel was constructed on the lower level for daily celebration of the Sacraments and the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.
Ground was broken for the new Church and School March 24, 1956 and was completed in the fall of that year. The school began operating with three School Sisters of Notre Dame and a number of lay teachers. Then Archbishop John J. Ritter presided over the formal dedication of the building on March 9, 1958.
The Convent which has since been converted into the Parish Center was completed in 1963. The existing rectory building was completed in February of 1966.
The buildings and grounds remained the same until a Capital Campaign and many private donations made possible numerous renovations to the complex. Between 2002 – 2010 the rectory was renovated, the church was upgraded with pew restoration, disability access, new sound system, new flooring, new Baptismal font, updated gathering area, new roof and new air conditioning system. The cafeteria was completely remodeled and the parish center updated.